How did you first hear about Decred?

It was a normal Monday morning. Like any random morning before work, I was browsing around to keep up with new developments. After watching some videos about the idea of a Universal Basic Income, my mind drifted to Bitcoin. How is its price index doing?

You should know that I've always been a huge supporter of decentralised systems. I've been meaning to invest in Bitcoin, but oddly enough I never jumped into the hype. Partly because of the chaos and the messiness around the whole project, partly because I didn't trust the media hype.

After some clicking around I realised that Bitcoin is doing well. Extremely well. However, an article by the New Scientist made me aware of some fundamental flaws that Bitcoin faces:
  • Large amounts of Bitcoins are owned by very few people.
  • Alliances of mining pools may try to manipulate the Bitcoin ecosystem.
  • There is a lack of safety: hacks of online wallets pose a serious threat.

It made me wonder: is there a cryptocurrency out there that addresses these issues? Why did nobody come up with a similar currency that lacks these monopolistic and chaotic features?

After some more browsing I realised that such a currency IS out there. I just wasn't paying attention to the developments in this field. An interesting cryptocoinsnews article was all I needed to discover the existence of Decred.


1 comment:

  1. I was also looking for an alternative to bitcoin. I do not know much about the technology behind crypto-currencies, but was looking for different ways to invest my money for the future. I was with a patient scanning her baby, and asked her husband who is a computer programmer about bitcoin. He told me about all of the volatility with bitcoin, and showed me an article of a new coin that was being released named decred. I have been in ever since

    ReplyDelete